Sunday, March 2, 2008

Indians Uniform Number - 6 Joe Vosmik


Choosing the All-Time Indians #6 was tough, even with the newly implemented "how did they play in this specific uniform number" rule. There are several "Fan Favorites" in this list, but most them only wore the Number 6 briefly during their Indians career. As I revisited the names, stats, and lives of these #6-wearing Tribers, I finally boiled it down to three contenders: Joe Azcue, Joe Vosmik, and Ray Mack. But, the real battle in my mind came down to the two Joe's. Frankly, all items tolled up, they should both be awarded the honor, but as they say, "we can only have ONE winner." So, it is with great respect to Joe Azcue that I award the all-time Triber wearing the Number 6 is JOE VOSMIK. Congratulations, Joe!
(Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, excellent research David! These Indians' best by the numbers picks are great. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scott! This has been a lot of fun getting to know Tribers I haven't heard of, those that have always been my favorites, and discovering tidbits that I hadn't known. :-)

    ReplyDelete